Sunday, March 30, 2008

Song(s) of Lifetime...

At any given time, there's always a song that catches my fancy more than the others. Inspite of having a long playlist with my all time favorites, this is the song I always listen to in all my mood swings. And it’s the number, I play first when I power up my iPod. So I end up listening to that song a few times everyday. I always sing along (when no one around) and it always makes me feel just a bit better... which is the all time wonderful hit "Poongatrilae" from Uyire (Ae Ajnabi/Dil Se)

The song starts of with a country feel to it through the simple beats, and then when Swarnalatha starts of with "Kannil oru vali irundhaal" it takes you in to that mood of sorrow and pain. And the voice of UnniMenon fits the song aptly, what more... Vairamuthu’s lyrics, ARR’s music... making it a perfect rendition.

Kaattrin alaivarisai kaetkkindradhaa ?
Kaetkkum paattil oru uyir vizhum kanneer vazhigindradhaa ?
Nenju nanaigindradhaa ?
Idhayam karugum oru vaasam varugindradhaa ?

Kaattril kanneerai yaettri
Kavidhai sendhaenai oottri
Kannae un vaasal saerthaen
Oyum jeevan odum munnae ododi vaa ...


The hero trying to reach his lover through the air-waves. He transmits his feelings to her, by airing this song on the radio... and the song's lyrics capture not just the mood, but also the medium though which he reaches her!!! - "I add my tears to the air, with some sweet poetry, and deliver to your house!"

One of my all-time favorite songs - for the music, lyrics and the feel!!!

Right now, song is the haunting melody “Un siripinil...” from Pachai Kili Muthucharam. It is a song with minimal beautiful beats and strong lyrics, but this one has grown stronger on me. Almost all the sections in the song are very catchy and sung without any frills by the debutants Gouthami Rao and Robby accompanied by Harris Jeyaraj’s leisure beats. The husky singing is so soothing and relaxing... along with Thamarai’s lyrics…

mudhal naal paartha vanappu
thuli kuraiyavum illai unakku
urakkam vizhiipil kanavaai
unai kaanbadhae vazhakkam enakku
aruginilae varugaiyilae
thudippadhai niruthudhu nenjam
mudhal mudhal indru nigazgiradhendru
nadippadhu konjam vanjamae


The song's tempo is neat and brilliant and leaves us wanting more and more as it ends. Keep your eyes closed, your sensations will do the rest!!

1 comment:

Divya said...

hi,
innum kambigaluku pin thaan irukkiReengla???.......unga profile photo vai sonein,
just kidding!!

Uyire movie la enoda fav song athu, nice to see the lyrics in ur post.