Sunday, March 16, 2008

What US did to me!

It's going to be a year, since I came to US … and it’s been a wild ride !!!.
And I thought, Coming to US would make you a more 'happening' person... Hah! Here's a short post of some of the ways I've changed since I've come to amreeka.

1. I can actually converse in Telugu!
2. I have watched more no. of movies (though its online) in the past one year than in my entire lifetime.
3. I can cook! (Sambhar,Tomato Rice, Chicken, Pongal... you name it ;) Cooking became my loathing hobby, next only to working!!). My culinary expertise was limited to finishing my roomie’s cooking until last year.
4. I've learnt how to keep up a conversation on weather for atleast an hour (Americans dig this!)

Worst of all….

5. I have zero Non-Desi friends! ( sigggh! )


2 comments:

Divya said...

Very well written the exact 'amereeka'n life style of a desi.......nice!!

Kesavan said...

Thanks... Divya...!!!